Today Iâ€™d like to go back one year. October of 2007 was a productive month here at the blog, I wrote 16 posts.
Since many of you didnâ€™t read the blog back then or may have missed some of the articles Iâ€™d like to share five of my own favourite posts from that month. I hope youâ€™ll find something helpful.
Have a fine weekend!
- Just Do It! â€“ â€I thought about Nikeâ€™s old catchphrase – â€œJust do it!â€ – that seems to pop up from time to time too. I thought: â€œWell, thatâ€™s easy to say, but itâ€™s not so easy to just doâ€. So I concluded that it was just another catchphrase that people throw out because well, they have to say something. Now I can see that there is actually some really useful advice in that catchphrase. So what changed?â€
- Stephen Kingâ€™s Top 7 Tips for Becoming a Better Writer – â€œIf you want to learn how to write better where do you go? Well, you can take a creative writing course. Or read the books, biographies and studies of men and women hailed as literary geniuses throughout history. For today, Iâ€™ve chosen to take some advice from one the most popular fiction writers of the last few decades: Stephen King.â€
- 8 Powerful Ways to Release Pressure from Your Life â€“ â€œSometimes it can feel like you are carrying a piano on your back. Pressure can really weigh you down. Too much pressure can make a lot of us angry, feed up or sad. Or simply, over time, knock you out cold with a burnout.â€
- One Tip to Decrease Suffering in Your Life â€“ â€œOne simple yet powerful thing you can do to remove quite a bit of suffering from your life is to be accepting. The funny thing about a problem is that the negative feelings you may feel because of it do to a large extent not come from the problem itself. It comes from your resistance to the problem. And, of course the problem already is â€“ you canâ€™t go back in time and change something – so resistance is a bit unnecessary.â€
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Simplify What You Say, and How to Do It â€“ â€
If you enjoyed this article, please share it on Stumbleupon, vote for it on Digg or bookmark it on del.icio.us. Thanks a lot! =)