So far this year I have been quite focused on fitness and getting into even better shape.
I donâ€™t really write much about other blogs or give linktips here on the blog (that is handled on Twitter) but Iâ€™d like to make an exception today.
One blog that has really helped me out and changed how I view fitness quite a bit is Fitness Black Book. Instead of getting really huge a la Arnie Fitness Black Book is all about getting lean and toned.
What I like about this blog is that itâ€™s relaxed but also uses a no-nonsense approach. The guy who owns the blog, Rusty Moore, seems to be a pretty normal guy with a well-balanced life. He writes about the upsides of having a few beers and traveling instead of living in the gym. Plus, heâ€™s pretty funny at times.
Besides having had an impact on how I view training through many of his articles he has also introduced me to two things that I love about exercising about right now:
- Planks. The best ab-exercise I have found so far. They arenâ€™t easy but a whole lot more fun than doing a trillion crunches. Read about them in 7 Minute Abs? 8 Minute Abs? What About 6 Minute Abs?
- Turbulence Training. Through Rusty I discover this exercise program by Craig Ballantyne that focuses on quick and intense workouts. I have been using it for a while now and my energy has really gone up. The best thing for me about this program is the bodyweight circuits. Instead of going out running intervals or getting bored on an exercise bik, I can get really quick and intense cardio workouts right here at home while using little to no equipment. Awesome!
Pretty much all the articles on Fitness Black Book are interesting, simple and helpful in a practical way. And reading one or a few of them is a good way to get motivated on a tough or uninspired day.
Here are a few of my favorites:
- Six Pack Abs – Without Turning Into a Hunchback
- “Protein Guilt” – When You Wish The Meal Had More Protein
- People Are Quick to Criticize Low Calorie Diets
- Avoid the Typical Bodybuilding Workout Split. What to Do Instead!
- Getting Fit With Style – Don't Dress Like a Gym Rat!
- The Winner's Mindset of Hitting Your Weight Loss Goals
Check them out, Iâ€™m sure youâ€™ll find something helpful there.