≡ Menu

Michael Jordan’s Top 4 Inspirational Videos

“It’s heavy duty to try to do everything and please everybody . . . My job was to go out there and play the game of basketball as best I can, … People may not agree with that . . . I can’t live with what everyone’s impression of what I should or what I shouldn’t do.”

“I never looked at the consequences of missing a big shot . . . when you think about the consequences you always think of a negative result.”

Since posting My Favorite Top 7 Inspirational and Uplifting Videos last week the one video that has been on my mind a lot more than once was the one from Michael Jordan.

So today I’d like just do one post with just a few of my favorite inspirational videos from Michael Jordan and Nike. I hope you find something here that motivates you and lifts your day among these short films.

Note: If you are reading this post via RSS or email the embedded videos may not show up. Click here to see them.

1. On failure.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45mMioJ5szc[/youtube]

2. On persistence.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zSVu76AX3I[/youtube]

3. There are no Cinderellas.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ5W5_evSY0[/youtube]

4. Look me in the eyes.

And, the video I posted last week, the one that inspired this post:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BirIEDYrw0Y[/youtube]

Bonus: No excuses.

This one doesn’t feature Jordan, but it’s from Nike and it’s centered on another basketball player named Matt Scott. It’s been years since I saw it but I still remembered it and decided to include it. It’s a great one.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myDYE49KPlQ[/youtube]

If you like this post, please share it on Stumbleupon and Twitter. Thank you very much! =)

If You Enjoyed This Article, Get Email Updates (it’s Free)

Join over 59,426 awesome subscribers today and get practical happiness tips and personal development advice in your inbox.

Comments on this entry are closed.

• Wayne Key August 26, 2009, 6:13 pm

WOW!! What an amazing set of videos!! Thanks for digging them out of the youtube vault. I had only seen the first, but they are all amazing.

• jonathan figaro August 26, 2009, 7:30 pm

Micheal Jordan is an inspiration to all of us. His keys to success are the same as all personal development books teach.

1. Positive attitude
    2. Failure is an event not a determining factor
    3. The more you fail the more successful you will become
    4. Never give up

Application of these character traits will bring success to anyone who desires it. Having a burning desire will increase your chances for success , because your motivation is high.

• Stephen August 27, 2009, 12:29 am

Thank you very much. That was amazing

• Dini August 27, 2009, 3:38 am

Hey, this is great. I’ve seen a few of these before. Personally, I’ve always liked Nike’s ads, they send positive and surprisingly deep messages, despite the fact that they’re just trying to sell their goods.

• Srinivas Rao August 27, 2009, 5:06 pm

Wow. This is an awesome collection of videos. Great stuff.

• Josten August 28, 2009, 5:51 am

wow that video where michael was talkinga bout failing sheesh i did not know that about him. But i agree look where it has gotten him.
    Amazing set of videos.

• Ron August 28, 2009, 6:00 pm

Inspirational in its purest sense.

Great stuff.

• Sietse August 29, 2009, 10:33 am

The essence of these videos is that we become what we think of and that we succeed by failing, learn, get back up and keep trying. Not trying is failure for sure. A set of very powerful concepts, once you understand them and see the correlation between them. Good post, thanks Henrik :)

• Evgeny Leshchenko August 29, 2009, 9:56 pm

Great! Thank you for the inspiration!

• Henrik Edberg August 31, 2009, 1:33 pm

Thanks for all the comments and insights, guys! :)

• Business Communication September 4, 2009, 1:04 am

Michael unrepentantly gave up on his marriage. All I see when I look at him is another example of false integrity. It means a lot more to me to see a person do the right thing when its not even something that earns them no money or world appreciation. Its people like Mike that compensate for their guilt by community service efforts they do not even take the time or demonstrate the desire to do for those closest to them behind closed doors. He is a star on the outside and a hollow shell in the middle.

This is comment is meant for perspective and not to distract from the good intent of the one who endorsed Do Gooder MJ. In real time, the actual MJ behaves a lot less like the Photoshop job the media gives him sorry to say.

On a positive note, do as he says and not as he does?:)

• poker rakeback September 8, 2009, 3:27 am

My favorite Michael Jordan moment was the shot he hit against the Utah Jazz in the NBA Finals to close out the series and win his 6th title. He pushed Russell out of the way, swished the jumper, and then left his hand dangling in the air.

• Nacie Carson September 10, 2009, 7:22 am

Love your blog, and posts like this really illustrate why. Thanks for sharing, and keep up the good work!