Today I’d like to go back one year. October of 2007 was a productive month here at the blog, I wrote 16 posts.
Since many of you didn’t read the blog back then or may have missed some of the articles I’d like to share five of my own favourite posts from that month. I hope you’ll find something helpful.
Have a fine weekend!
- Just Do It! – ”I thought about Nike’s old catchphrase – “Just do it!” – that seems to pop up from time to time too. I thought: “Well, that’s easy to say, but it’s not so easy to just do”. So I concluded that it was just another catchphrase that people throw out because well, they have to say something. Now I can see that there is actually some really useful advice in that catchphrase. So what changed?”
- Stephen King’s Top 7 Tips for Becoming a Better Writer - “If you want to learn how to write better where do you go? Well, you can take a creative writing course. Or read the books, biographies and studies of men and women hailed as literary geniuses throughout history. For today, I’ve chosen to take some advice from one the most popular fiction writers of the last few decades: Stephen King.”
- 8 Powerful Ways to Release Pressure from Your Life – “Sometimes it can feel like you are carrying a piano on your back. Pressure can really weigh you down. Too much pressure can make a lot of us angry, feed up or sad. Or simply, over time, knock you out cold with a burnout.”
- One Tip to Decrease Suffering in Your Life – “One simple yet powerful thing you can do to remove quite a bit of suffering from your life is to be accepting. The funny thing about a problem is that the negative feelings you may feel because of it do to a large extent not come from the problem itself. It comes from your resistance to the problem. And, of course the problem already is – you can’t go back in time and change something – so resistance is a bit unnecessary.”
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Simplify What You Say, and How to Do It – ”
If you enjoyed this article, please share it on Stumbleupon, vote for it on Digg or bookmark it on del.icio.us. Thanks a lot! =)