≡ Menu

Link Karma – 15 July 2007

Link Karma is a section of The Positivity Blog where I list some good reading I´ve stumbled upon during the last few days (or weeks, depending on how much browsing and reading I do).

I hope you enjoy this batch of articles and find something helpful!

Feeling Unfulfilled? 37 Tips to Enjoy Work More – A good list from Positivityblog-reader Rich McIver. My favourites among the tips are: 7. Stay away from Negative Ned, 13. Prioritize and 1. Think positively.

What Buddha Did Not Teach – A table that clarifies the wrong (complicated) and right (simple) view of Buddha’s teachings. A very interesting read.

– Stumbleupon led me to two other nice summaries. One is of How to Win Friends and Influence People. It might be the most well-spent 14 minutes of your day.

– The other summary is of David Greene’s 48 Laws of Power, a sort of darkside alternative to How to Win Friends and Influence People. A fascinating book, with lot of great examples of the laws put to use by influential people throughout the last few thousand years.

– I´d also like to highlight two posts from Leo Babauta of zenhabits-fame and who seems to be everywhere these days. Since I like eating slowly I enjoyed 5 Powerful Reasons to Eat Slower. And since I like to improve my writing I´ve found great value in 7 Ways to Crank Out Articles. If you are a blogger/writer I highly recommend taking Leo´s advice in that article and downloading DarkRoom – or a variation of it – to improve your crankingpower.

If You Enjoyed This Article, Get Email Updates (it’s Free)

Join over 80,000+ awesome subscribers today and get practical happiness tips and personal development advice in your inbox.

Comments on this entry are closed.

• Lyman Reed July 15, 2007, 11:32 am

That’s some high quality link karma, Henrik. I really like the DarkRoom idea myself. It should really help to keep those distractions to a minimum.

• Chris July 15, 2007, 5:03 pm

Robert Greene, the author of the 48 Laws of Power, also has an excellent blog at http://www.powerseductionandwar.com

He doesn’t post often, but when he does he writes dense, provocative, intelligent articles on life and strategy. Check out the archives and you’ll see.

• Henrik Edberg July 16, 2007, 7:48 pm

Lyman: Thanks. DarkRoom is great when you just want to crank out a first draft of an article without feeling the need to check your email, RSS etc. 10 times while writing.

Chris: Thank you for the tip, Chris. I read Greene´s blog for while about six months ago but then I just somehow forgot about it. Some interesting and provocative stuff there, as you say. Time to revisit.

• Wayne MacDonald July 18, 2007, 4:51 am

Firstly what an awesome name you have ” The positivity blog”
    My wife & I are brand new to the world of blogging & a site like yours is very inspiring.
    We run a fulltime martial arts school in Australia & a very passionate about the positive mindset.
    Our blog is dedicated to personal development & marketing based on our instructional experiences, it is very new & raw but a work in progress! Thanks for the inspiration.

Wayne & Donna

• Henrik Edberg July 18, 2007, 6:12 am

Wayne & Donna: Thank you for you kind comment and good luck with your blog.

• Lyman Reed July 27, 2007, 6:31 pm

I just thought I’d post a follow up comment… DarkRoom *does* rock! I try a lot of stuff, and reject a lot as well, but this one’s a keeper. Thanks again for pointing me to it.

• Brian Clark August 8, 2007, 12:31 am

Good to see the Karma spreading. 🙂

One Small Step Today

Want to Make a Real Change?

Then join 80,000+ people that subscribe to the FREE
Positivity Newsletter. Get 2-3 emails a week on how to:

Live a Happier and Simpler Life.

Boost Your Self-Esteem and Confidence.

Reduce Stress and Get What Truly Matters Done.

Improve Your Social Skills and Relationships.