≡ Menu

10 inspirational quotes, part 21

People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success.
Norman Vincent Peale

People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can’t find them, make them.
George Bernard Shaw

Helen Keller

Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.
Og Mandino

Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.
Wayne Dyer

Niney-nine percent of failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.
George W. Carver

Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
H. Jackson Brown

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.
Helen Keller

Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
George Eliot

Comments on this entry are closed.

• Loving Annie March 27, 2007, 4:54 pm

Good Morning Henrik ! How are you today ?

I liked the Mandino and Emerson quotes !

I enjoy coming here – it makes a difference !

Blessings to you for doing it !

• Douwe van der Werf March 29, 2007, 1:08 pm

Nice. I love the Helen Keller quote about the doors. So true.

Usually the quotes you place here boil down to one thing: get up and do the thing that you believe you can, because you will succeed. It’s a cliché, but clichés haven’t become clichés for nothing ;-)

Please keep telling me over and over. I’ll promise to keep reading.

• Loving Annie March 29, 2007, 6:32 pm

Hope you are having a good Thursday henrik ! Just wanted to come by and say hello and see what was new !

• Phil :) March 29, 2007, 8:22 pm

:D

• Alienatu March 30, 2007, 12:06 am

Great quotes. I always appreciated smart things said by smart people.
    They are all very motivational.

• Henrik Edberg April 2, 2007, 1:14 am

Thank you everyone for your comments. I´m glad to hear that it is not just me who gets a kick out of quotes like these.

• Robin Bal April 4, 2007, 5:46 pm

Great quotes. I have a weekly amusing quotes post. Do you mind if I use some of these in my next post?

Take care and cheers.

• Inspiration for Change May 29, 2008, 5:31 am

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature. – Helen Keller

Great quote.

• Anonymous March 2, 2009, 4:27 pm

Thank you very much for invaluable quotes. May immortal god grant you a long life of good & properous happiness

• Rebecca March 15, 2010, 8:28 am

thank you for your quotes. They are helpful to keep things in perspective. I want to review them regularly to give me strength to continue on this journey called life. As an artist, painter, I do not have a path that is predescribed… I do not have a benefactor to support me. I did raise 2 children, and they are the best creation i’ve made in truth. They are grown up now,and are wonderful and beautiful people, and now what…
    How to market my work? How to market work that I have spent an entire lifetime growing… Where? how ? what is the cost???
    Agh! I have been all about spirit and find my future overwhelming…
    rebecca